International Baccalaureate (IB) Applicants

<< Return to Reporting Academic Data

Quick Links

IB Diploma/Certificate

  • Applicants should indicate on the application whether they are following the IB Diploma or IB Certificate program.
  • Applicants who are following the IB Diploma/Certificate program within an Ontario high school should use the 101 application.
  • We transfer information about applicants’ IB Diploma/Certificate status to the selected universities.
  • Only school officials who have “Update” access for the Academic Information option in COLS can make modifications.
  • Applicants cannot change this information.

Top of Page

IB Grades Collection Procedure

We do not record IB academic data electronically.

  • We forward the IB transcripts that we receive to each of the applicant’s selected Ontario universities.
  • We do not collect essays or extracts.
  • Record the OUAC Reference Number on all transcripts you send to the OUAC.
  • We do not accept faxed transcripts, as they do not photocopy well.
We urge schools to transcribe IB courses and grades into equivalent Grade 12 courses and forward them electronically to the OUAC.   

Many universities require the OSS equivalents for scholarships and other adjudications.

Top of Page

Out-of-province Institutions

We will not forward IB transcripts to out-of-province institutions.

Ontario IB students who apply to 1 or more out-of-province institutions must arrange for their high school to send their IB grades directly to those institutions.

However, we will transmit OSS curriculum courses/grades to specified institutions through the regular channels.

Top of Page