Accepting an Offer
June 3, 2024, is the earliest date Ontario universities may require a response to an offer of admission or a financial commitment of any kind (e.g., registration or residence deposit).
To ensure your students meet their selected universities’ response deadlines:
- Log in to COLS.
- Run an Applicant Status Report using “unconfirmed only” as your selection criteria.
Before the response deadline, ensure all your students remember their OUAC username and password.
The Most Common Mistake
The most common mistake students make when accepting an offer is not completing the submit process.
Share these tips with students to help them successfully submit their acceptance:
- Don’t wait until the last day!
- Watch the How to Respond to an Offer of Admission video.
- To accept an offer:
- Log in to your account.
- On the Hub, click “View Offers”.
- View the details of the “Offer” or “Alternate Offer” you want to accept.
- Click “Accept”.
- Click “I’m ready to submit my response/changes”.
- Follow the instructions to review and submit your application.
- After you successfully complete the submit process, you will receive a confirmation number by email, along with a summary of your offer responses and/or changes to your application. This email is saved in your Message Centre on the Hub, as well.
- Once your response is processed, log back in to your application and go to Offers. You will see “Accepted” beside the program you accepted.
Students must accept their offer by the deadline specified in their offer letter. It is their responsibility to meet the deadlines stipulated by the universities.
The universities reserve the right to revoke acceptances received by the OUAC after the response deadline. They cannot guarantee that they will re-issue offers that were not accepted by the deadline.